mandag 23. februar 2009

San Pedro la Laguna

We are still here, going to school everyday learning spanish:) So not much are happening, but I feel I didn´t describe it properly last time:)
It is really beautiful here, with mountains and volcanos and a lake, our little town is by the lakeside, and we went for a swim once, but the water is like norwegian water in early summer, so it is not the best swim I´ve had on this trip, hehe;) I think we are spoilt by all the beautiful places we have been, so it took us a week to find that we are living in a pretty place, hehe;) That´s what happens when you travel for a year or more, hehehe!
Still, we are enjoying our days, celebrated one year on the road last week, and go to school everyday. The coffeefruit really smells all the time, kind of sour and rotten, but not bad. We meet new people everyday, and learns a lot about the indigenous cultures here from our teachers. Kristoffer is really good at speaking one of the Maya languages, hehe, they have this clicking noise in between the words, or in the word, I don´t know, and he can do it, I´m hopeless, hehe! There are 22 languages in Guatemala, pluss spanish.. Not bad!
We have been going to school for 1 week now, and it is getting complicated! Both are finished with presens, but I´m stuck at something with directo y indirecto objetivo, which is not similar to anything in english or norwegian, but they have it in french,so Kristoffer has got it, and is moving on to preteritum tomorrow, hehe! My teacher is really strict, and I´m supposed to have a test tomorrow, in all three groups of verbs in presens, so no fun for me tonight, I have to study:) Kristoffers teacher is not so strict, so he won´t have a test, unfair!
On Friday we enjoyed free salsa lessons at one of the cafes we have spent most time, they have amazing coffee here, and the dancing was great too! Me gusta bailar salsa! Y nos gustamos bailar salsa! Or something;) Bailar all night long, great times!
On Saturday we went on a daytrip to San Marcos, on the other side of the lake, and everyone told us to go there, it was so beautiful and a special energy and all, hehe, and we didn´t get it at all, HAHA, maybe we didn´t find the right place, I don´t know, couldn´t feel the energy, and that place was like unbelievable small! One path from the lakeside up to centre, and that´s it! Explain it to me if you can, Kaia! HIhihi! But we took a tuk tuk home instead of the boat and drove through San Pabla and San Juan, and saw more people, and those two towns are less turistic, so it was a good day anyway.
Yesterday, Sunday, we went to Guatemalas second biggest market in Chichicastenango, didn´t get a shuttle bus from San Pedro(should have ordered it the day before..)so we took the boat to Panajachel, the biggest town around the lake, and a bus from there, took us longer, but we still had 3 hours or more on the market so it was fine:) Kristoffer bought more than me! For me it was just too much to choose from, I couldn´t decide what to get! But I bought a great bag, in bluegreenish colour, and it is so beautiful, but every time I touch it my hands go blue, so I have to wash it many times before I can use it..
Other than that, I guess it is official that we are coming home to Norway on the 17th of April:) Looking forward to that! We still haven´t found cheap tickets from Central America to New York where we are flying from on the 16th of April, so if anyone finds anything, let us know! ;)
I think that´s it.. Going to school everyday now, so all the days seems the same, weird, just like home, but that´s the way it is:)
5 more days, and then on Saturday we´re moving on, don´t know for sure where yet, but we´ll get there!:)
Have good days back home!
g

2 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

Kanskje vi sees på Gardermoen?? hehe, jeg drar antakeligvis til Østerrike den dagen :)
Jeg kan ikke si annet enn at jeg gleder meg til å se deg igjen Gunhild :) Selv om det er litt kjipt for dere å ikke være på reise lenger....
Nyt den siste tiden :)

Anonym sa...

Hei Kristoffer. Jeg ser du har vært i El Salvador en tur. Ett av mine favorittsteder. Jeg tenkte jeg skulle høre om du vet når dere er på vei hjem da jeg skal utlyse sommerjobb med min nye arbeidsgiver Temperato. Ikke ta det som mas men som at vi savner dere. Eystein